User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
ConsciousCuisine
Vegan Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningrl

I am craving nice soft just-baked bread, with something like olive oil salt and avocado. It even sounds disgousting when I read what I just wrote!

And no, I am not pregnant...

That sounds delicious, not disgusting, only I would use umeboshi instead of salt and probably would add nutritional yeast and perhaps garlic in some form... MMMM, delicious!
ConsciousCuisine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Artichoke47
Reprazents

Question

A few months ago, I had cravings for beans (pinto, I think), hummus, potatoes, and one other thing that I can't remember. I wasn't satisfied until I got those things, and I was in Atlanta, where, at the airport, the only option was rice and steamed veggies.
Artichoke47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
Sammie
Reprazents

Breakfast
Cantalope
Grapes
raw seed buuter on sprouted toast

Lunch
Smoothie - Banana, frozen strawberry & blueberry & spinch...........yum

Snack - Orange

Dinner-
Streamed carrots, zucchini & corn. Avacado & tomato salad with seasoning.

I'm trying to eat more raw food
Old 06-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
Goddess_of_Vega
Seedling

Brekkie: Two bowls of Fruit n Fibre

Snacks: Crisps, Fudge, Organic Cola, Kick Stimulation Drink

Dinner: Tortilla wrap of Tofutti Cream Cheese, Salsa, Refried beans, Lettuce, Red Pepper and Avocado.
Goddess_of_Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
agent compassion
amateur provocateur

I had eggs for breakfast, I'm bad, but then I had vegetable sushi for lunch, the kind where they put in avocado instead of crab, which was good, even though I hate avocado, I like all the other stuff in it...rice...carrots...seaweed...tofu...yumyum.
agent compassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
gladcow
verbose

Breakfast:
Smoothie (orange juice, apricot juice, soymilk, banana, grapes, frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, hemp protein, flax oil)

Lunch:
Leftover Nepali-Style Dhal Bhat (red lentils and rice) with potatoes and spinach
Broccoli

Snack 1:
1/2 of vegan peanut butter cup from The Vegan Bakery (or something. I got it at Food Fight!)
3 cups of genmaicha tea

Snack 2:
Smoked Tofurky and Veggie Bacon Sandwich on Sprouted Wheat Bread (with vegenaise, mustard, and romaine)
Iced Tea (homemade sun tea with peppermint and lemon myrtle)

Dinner:
New Recipe for Second Cookbook!
Quick Coconut Curry (thai style)
(coconut curry sauce with onion, garlic, carrots, celery, napa cabbage, broccoli, tofu, peas over rice)
My kids want me to make this every week now. Yay!

Dessert:
TBD
gladcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:33 PM   #7
trichaos
Veganized

Red face Tibetan food rocks!

So Arti47 and myself were passing through Bloomington today, the time was 6:37 p.m. and we were starving so we drove back to Root's. I pulled up and got a space right in front of the building, and as I was prematurely celebrating the bounty from the parking space gods, she noticed that the place was dark and all the chairs put up. WTF?! They were closed at dinnertime?! Various swear words were thrown around before we left, hoping to fall ass-backwards into a restaurant that was open AND had vegan options.

We drove down that side street (6th Ave. perhaps?.. I travel by son-dar, not English street signs) a few blocks to Dunn.. then took a right and went a few blocks. Took another right, saw a Thai place and got out of the car, only to be greeted by the smell of rotting sealife eminating from the restaurant so we kept walking down the street and saw a Tibetan place. We inquired of the veg options and were assured that what we were ordering was vegan. I don't remember the names of the dishes, but the combo of the veggies/jasmine rice/and SPICES was awesome!

The whole point of this thread was to say Tibetan food is delicious.
trichaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #8
Artichoke47
Reprazents

Arrow

I concur.
Artichoke47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #9
FalafelsRule
Reprazents

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichaos
So Arti47 and myself were passing through Bloomington today, the time was 6:37 p.m. and we were starving so we drove back to Root's. I pulled up and got a space right in front of the building, and as I was prematurely celebrating the bounty from the parking space gods, she noticed that the place was dark and all the chairs put up. WTF?! They were closed at dinnertime?! Various swear words were thrown around before we left, hoping to fall ass-backwards into a restaurant that was open AND had vegan options.

We drove down that side street (6th Ave. perhaps?.. I travel by son-dar, not English street signs) a few blocks to Dunn.. then took a right and went a few blocks. Took another right, saw a Thai place and got out of the car, only to be greeted by the smell of rotting sealife eminating from the restaurant so we kept walking down the street and saw a Tibetan place. We inquired of the veg options and were assured that what we were ordering was vegan. I don't remember the names of the dishes, but the combo of the veggies/jasmine rice/and SPICES was awesome!

The whole point of this thread was to say Tibetan food is delicious.

Yeah, Roots is closed on Sundays. Sonja could probably refer some veg*n friendly spots there. Apparently, if memory serves me correctly, there are at least 5 spots there with options. BloomingFoods being one of them. They have a cafe with lots of veg*n options as well as dessert.
FalafelsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:16 AM   #10
rupafree
Q: Do you want to be right or happy?

breakfast: toast with organic mushrooms, red onion & baby tomatoes covered in Cheezly smoked with "bacon" bits + rooiboos tea with soya milk
----------
yesterday brunch: organic vegetable + potato curry & corn on the cob + mineral water
yesterday dinner: huge organic salad (lollo rosso, red onion, cherry tomatoes, celery, carrot, red & green chilli, clementine, 1/2 avocado, smoked tofu cubes - dressed in essential balance omega oil/lemon juice/splash of gorgeous Aspinall's balsamic vinegar) + water
yesterday dessert: organic fruit (cherries, raspberries, clementine) with swedish glace chocolate + strawberry

Yum!
rupafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #11
rupafree

breakfast: steam/sauteed organic mushrooms, red onions & cherry tomatoes on toast topped with smoked "bacon" bits cheezly + mineral water + brazil nut + vits/mins

yesterday brunch: organic veg curry + corn on cob + mineral water + vits/mins
yesterday dinner: huge organic salad (lollo rosso, cherry tomatoes, red onion, green & red chillis, clementine, celery, 1/2 avocado, smoked tofu cubes, lemon juice/balsamic vinegar & omega oil dressing) + organic fruit (cherries, raspberries & clementine) with Swedish Glace chocolate & strawberry

Yum!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:27 AM   #12
rupafree

apologies - it didn't appear first time so I re-typed! doh! bear with me, still getting the hang of this board/forum lark!

ps - re-reading this its easy seen its the weekend as I don't always manage to eat so tastily/well

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupafree
breakfast: steam/sauteed organic mushrooms, red onions & cherry tomatoes on toast topped with smoked "bacon" bits cheezly + mineral water + brazil nut + vits/mins

yesterday brunch: organic veg curry + corn on cob + mineral water + vits/mins
yesterday dinner: huge organic salad (lollo rosso, cherry tomatoes, red onion, green & red chillis, clementine, celery, 1/2 avocado, smoked tofu cubes, lemon juice/balsamic vinegar & omega oil dressing) + organic fruit (cherries, raspberries & clementine) with Swedish Glace chocolate & strawberry

Yum!
Old 06-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #13
rupafree

now its getting silly - I only posted one of each and now 2 of the one has come up!
I give up ...
Old 07-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #14
Oatmeal Girl
Queen of the Oatfields

Breakfast- smoothie of one banana, one peach, some pineapple, and a handful of raspberries and blueberries.

Lunch- avocado/onion/cucumber/mustard sandwich on whole wheat with cherry tomatoes.

Supper- chickpea/celery/onion/carrot/cucumber/Braggs salad and raw cauliflower soup.

Snack- a plum.

I usually don't post here but I'm going to start doing it so I can brag about all of the great foods I'm eating!
Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #15
Roshy_d
Grounded

Everyone has great food choices! I am salavating!!! Where can I get what you all are having?!

For lunch:

A delicious Veggie burger (on a whole wheat bun and a slice a romaine lettuce) , fried potatoes and a ginger ale

For dinner:

A green salad, with white rice, mixed with beans and a mexican spice mix.

Lots of water in between, with a snack of one apple and an orange
Roshy_d is offline   Reply With Quote