Go Back   Vegan Represent > Vegan Represent > Food
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2003, 06:52 PM   #1
misanthropy
meow!

Question What Did You Eat Today?

A friend of mine has a forum like this on a member's only community I belong to. I thought I'd start one here.

Maybe we'll all give each other some good food ideas from this.

Today

Breakfast: coffee, black with sucanat
Lunch: falafel in a pita (with hummus, tabouli, tomato, cucumber) & lentil soup (bought)
Dinner: grilled extra-firm herbed tofu with stirfried wheat noodles, broccoli and red pepper
misanthropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:30 PM   #2
Vegit-8
Happy Mad Rabbit

Breakfast:
1 young coconut (juice and flesh), 2 bananas, 1/2 pear, 1/2 apple, all blended into a smoothie.

AM snack:
fresh green juice
vegan maple walnut spelt muffin

Lunch:
1 yam cut into slices, 1 whole avocado mashed together with large teaspoon of miso and 1 tablespoon of red star yeast.

Snacks:
Large fuji apple
Amasake (hazelnut)
raw cashews and vegan carob chips

Dinner:
Salad roll-ups with sprouted grain tortillas and tofu marinated in ginger, olive oil, miso and garlic.

Desert/PM snack:
Banana smoothie with pear and apple.

Most days I eat only raw but I enjoy making an exception when I am entertaining someone who is not so inclined, like today.

May peace and joy and good health be with you.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
themagicisin3
Seedling

Quote:
Most days I eat only raw but I enjoy making an exception when I am entertaining someone who is not so inclined, like today.

May peace and joy and good health be with you.

That sounds wicked yummy. I've always wanted to do raw food but I've never thought I could do it.
themagicisin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
gladcow
verbose

Yesterday:
Breakfast:
Fig Newmans
Coffee
Lunch:
Split Pea Soup
Saltines
Snack:
Tomato Soup Spice Cake
Earl Grey Tea
Dinner:
Vegan Burrito from Taco Del Mar
Chips

Today:
Breakfast:
Luna Bar
Coffee
Lunch:
Veggie Slice Sandwich (w/ lettuce & brown sugar-pecan mustard)
Soup
Snack:
Almond Snap Cookies
Choc Pudding
Earl Grey Tea
Snack # 2:
Nutmeat in a tortilla w/ lettuce
Dinner: (is about to be)
Steamed Veggies
Gluten Free Cheeze Sauce (new book recipe)
Orzo
Later:
Tots and beer with the girls
gladcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:37 PM   #5
jenbizagogo
Reprazents

Today Menu Included:

Breakfast: Tofutti Cream Cheese (Garlic and Herb flavored) on a plain bagel

Lunch: Homemade Salsa and Guacamole with tortilla chips and fresh veggies
for dipping.

Dinner: Homemade spinch and mushroom soup in a garlic-y vegetable broth

YUM!
jenbizagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:55 PM   #6
VeganKen
Reprazents

I really didn't eat that well today but I'll post it anyway in the hopes that you all will do better!

Breakfast: decaf coffee w/soy milk and a rasberry/carob bar from the coffee shop.

Lunch: a vegan muffeletta sandwich w/potato chips. (sandwich had mock duck in a spicy BBQ sauce, lettuce, olives, pickled peppers, and ricotta "cheese" on a wheat bun).

Dinner: homemade beans and rice.

I also had a bag of Frito's corn chips in the afternoon. They're the only vegan item in the snack machine at work and I was desperate.

I will eat all fresh green things tomorrow!
VeganKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #7
herbi
Reprazents

Breakfast: a chunk of homemade granola "bar" (didn't quite work out that way-- more like "crumbly slab"?) and a banana (sounds good until you know there's choc chips in the granola and I washed it down with a couple glasses of Pepsi as I "needed" the caffeine & don't like coffee...)

snacks: pretzels & H20 all day long

lunch: yummy potato/leek/spinach/mushroom "stew" leftovers and a billion raw baby carrots (addicted to those things!) with some Green&Black's (fairtrade organic pricey luxury item but OHHH so good! >70% cocoa solids!) Dark Chocolate for lunch dessert. H20 again to drink.

dinner: haven't had it yet b/c I spend too much time online!!! Looks like something quick is called for... I will have to balance out the healthful lunch by tossing some Chicken-Free Nuggets in the ol' microwave...
herbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #8
shade
Reprazents

I didn't eat that great today, I've been running all over the place and didn't really get the chance to stop for a bite.
So today my food consisted of a pickle (around 2pm as I was running out the door to the vet) and I just went out for dinner to Buddha's Veggie with my dad where we got dumplings and black pepper shanghai noodles.

I'll post again another day when I eat a little better.
shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:32 AM   #9
beka
green.

breakfast:
banana pancakes with maple syrup

lunch:
channa masala with basmatic rice

dinner:
cookies and plain silk soymilk and applesauce (haha)

HM.MAYBE I'LL HAVE A SALAD.
beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
koolkat
Reprazents

B - coffee; fresh fruit: pineapple, banana, cantaloupe, watermelon, papaya, grapes

L - lettuce salad with tons of veggies & balsamic vinegar; package of snap peas, nectarine, apple

D - more fresh fruit, piece of whole grain bread with almond butter (from the fridge), cold sushi rice, hummus with raw veggies

Snack - unsalted popcorn with a tablespoon vegan butter

3 litres (3.17 quarts) of water throughout the day. The humidity is wicked here today.
koolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #11
stegan
ramaloopiewonka

I had the most fantastical dinner salad:

Baby greens
3 perfect roma tomatoes
1 zucchini
1 perfect avocado
1 gardenburger chik'n grillin patty
Balsamic vinagrette

talk about your foodgasms.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #12
Kat
VRF Nerd.

Breakfast - Zucchini bread

Morning snack - More zucchini bread. A grape fruit-leather.

Lunch - Grilled cheeze sandwich. Pistachio nuts. Applesauce. A few handfuls of craisins. One handful was too big and when I went to put them in my mouth I realised I had picked up way more than I could eat, then I looked up and noticed a co-worker eyeing me as I sat there eating like a pig. It was great. Oh, speaking of co-workers, I have a temporary job at a department store.

afternoon snack - MOOORE ZUCCHINI BREAD!

Dinner - Pizza with all of the following toppings:

fresh mushrooms, canned mushrooms, fresh tomatos, sundried tomatos, fresh green bell pepper, roasted red bell pepper, roasted eggplant, garlic, zucchini from my garden, onion, olives, and herbs & spices. and pizza sauce! yum
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #13
Jennarator
Enlightened

Not meaning to slight you in any way, but pigs do not, in fact, eat 'like pigs'. Ok, maybe getting food on one's face, but pigs know when to stop eating, i.e. they know when they're full. Ok. Enough animal-vegan-know-it-all crap, and on to my day's worth of food:
Melon-strawberry-blueberry-banana-wheatgrass-spirulina-water-vitamin stuff smoothie (tasted as bad as it sounds)
L: Juice from my new juicer! It was my grad gift to myself I have never used a juicer before today. I made carrot-beet-celery-ginger-parsley juice and it rocked.
S: Spirulina squares and wholesoy yogurt w/ granola.
D: Kale-black bean-corn mushy stuff on a piece of toast, cherries and an apricot, Sundance cheesecake (had to try it finally!)
Jennarator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #14
kikkert
Dum spiro, spero

Recent good eats....

- jasmine rice with shiitake and portobello mushrooms, scallions, minced garlic, and chicken-style seitan, with shiitake gravy and a tasty reisling

- pseudo-soup of brown rice noodles, broth, zucchini, broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, scallions

- cabbage, carrot, shiitake mushroom dumplings and chocolate peanut butter brownie (from a local deli)

- mock strawberry-banana shortcake (crushed shredded wheat biscuits soaked in soy milk with sliced berries and banana)

- dinner tonight: steamed corn on the cob with herbed margarine, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, root beer float with Amish-made root beer and whole soy caramel frozen yogurt

- about to pop a blueberry buckle into the oven
Goin' on and on.
kikkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #15
carabdle
veganess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennarator
Not meaning to slight you in any way, but pigs do not, in fact, eat 'like pigs'. Ok, maybe getting food on one's face, but pigs know when to stop eating, i.e. they know when they're full.
I can be know-it-all like that too For instance, it makes no sense that people say "I eat like a bird" and mean that they don't eat much...most birds eat more than their own body weight in a day, so that makes more sense for big eating sprees than "eating like a pig" doesn't it I think I'll start saying I eat like a hummingbird whenever I eat a lot (That's not to say they eat too much, just that they eat large quantities of food.)